Great compost is one of the most important secrets of successful organic gardening. In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the various methods of composting and how to adapt them to your home and garden. With full-color photographs and easy-to-follow instructions, this will be a welcome addition to every organic gardener’s library. Topics covered include:
• What you can and can’t throw on your compost pile
• How to balance nitrogen and carbon in your pile for quick decomposition and rich compost
• Buying or building the best tools and containers
• How to compost indoors
• Troubleshooting smelly compost, dry compost, and other problems
• How and when to apply the compost to your garden beds
With growing concerns about the use of pesticides, herbicides, and GMOs in mainstream gardening practices, more and more families are turning to their backyards to grow their own food using methods they know are safe. The need for clear, straightforward instruction on organic gardening techniques has never been greater. With The Organic Composting Handbook, readers will get the information they need to prepare their gardens for healthy, abundant crops.